Your first 10 lessons
Work through your first 10 beginner guitar lessons with this awesome course.Watch Promo
Are you interested in learning how to play the guitar? Then you've come to the right place. This course is designed to be your first 10 guitar lessons. You will go from sounding like a newbie to good guitar player in no time. You would pay hundreds of dollars to get this much instruction from a private lesson teacher. I know, it's what I do for a living. I've added the guitar tablature right into the lesson videos so they're easy to follow. There's also a ton of resource material that you can download.
Buying this course is a no-brainer if you're looking to start playing guitar or improve your beginner skills.
This course is 5 hours of video and has 50 PDF resources.
Some Reviews from Our Students:
Great so far. I have been a pianist and sax player for 40 years and I always wanted to learn the guitar. So far, 2 lessons in and he covered a lot. - Bruce
Excellent for a beginner, play along lessons help to solidify progress. Really enjoyed the lesson on playing to a chord progression. Great stuff! - Roy
I am loving this course. Great content that is easy to understand and follow along! Highly recommended! - Julie
Hi Chris, thanks so much for reaching out! I'm about half way through lesson 10 of your Beginner lessons via GuitArmy, so I was researching more of your teaching, and what's next... and found your GuitArmy! I've gotta tell ya, something about your explanations, your method of teaching, and the detailed resources provided, you've connected so many dots for me -- it's appreciated beyond words! I'm mostly self-taught, regret that I started so late in life, and have tried other online resources, but yours has been the most comprehensive! As a corporate facilitator to adult learners myself, I just wanted to express my gratitude! - Melanie
What will you learn in this course?
- Learn how to tune your guitar
- Learn how to read notes on the staff
- Learn the notes on the neck
- Learn the basics of rhythm w/tab
- Learn to read and strum rhythms from beginner to intermediate levels w/tab
- Learn to strum chord progressions w/tab
- Learn how to play a power chord
- Learn to play a 12 bar blues in E
- Learn how to drop D tune
- Learn how to play a barre chord
- Learn the parts of your guitar
- Learn how to play the basic open chords
- Learn to sight read the natural notes on all 6 strings
- Learn how to read guitar tablature w/tab
- Learn a really easy way to get soloing in major or minor keys
- Learn how to play a blues scale
- Practice power chords with rhythm examples w/tab
- Learn to find any specific note all over the neck
- Learn to play a rhythm in Drop D w/tab
- Learn some cool basic lead guitar techniques
Why should you buy my course?
- My name is Chris Rupp and I'm the founder of the Guitar Training Camp.
- I've been teaching guitar full time for over 18 years.
- I have taught more then 30,000 individual private guitar lessons.
- I teach guitar students online all over the world.
- I have a bachelors of music degree from the world renowned Berklee College of Music where I studied with some of the best guitar players on earth.
- I created a successful line of guitar instruction DVDs that sold very well and garnered the attention of the "As Seen on TV" folks.
- I love teaching guitar and helping students become better musicians through the guitar.
- I will answer your personal questions and help you with learning the material in this course.
- I'm going to be offering some YouTube live video chats where my students can join and ask questions about this course.
Why should I take your course and not just learn from YouTube?
You can try to learn guitar from YouTube but eventually you'll figure out there's so many videos out there is very hard to put the information together in a coherent way. I have students come to me all the time that are tired of watching random guitar videos on YouTube and don't know how to put the information together. With my course you will get a systematic way of learning the guitar.
Do I have to be a great guitar player to benefit from this course?
No! This course is more geared towards beginner and intermediate players. There's a lot of information in this course so take you're time learning the material. You will have full lifetime access to the course.
Learn on Demand
Download and watch our courses offline with your phone or tablet whenever and wherever you want.
You can download our courses to your desktop, laptop, or get the Apple or Andoid app for Teachable and take your course with you.
Chris is hands down the best guitar teacher that I have worked with over the past 20 years of playing. I have been taking Skype lessons with him over the past few months and my playing has progressed tremendously. The secret to Chris' success is that he understands music theory so well that he can help you apply meaningful theory based techniques without overwhelming you with details. However, if details are your thing don't hesitate to drill in deeper with him. Also, Chris goes above and beyond to ensure my time in between lessons will be productive and enjoyable. Finally, and maybe most importantly, Chris is fun to learn with and I don't recall a lesson where we weren't laughing out loud about something. I like Skype Guitar Lessons for the convenience, but GuitArmy and Chris will keep me hooked on the concept for many months to come.
- Mark Stegura
I'm a working professional, and have been taking guitar lessons with Chris for several year now. My understanding of the guitar, and ability to play have improved dramatically ever since I've taken classes with Chris. Chris is extremely knowledgeable about the instrument, and his accessible style of teaching make learning a true pleasure. Chris also works very hard to fit lessons into my schedule - which has been absolutely wonderful. I look forward to continuing my lessons with Chris for many years to come.
Student Testimonial (Beginner Guitar Lessons - 10 Lessons)
Hi Chris, thanks so much for reaching out! I'm about half way through lesson 10 of your Beginner lessons via GuitArmy, so I was researching more of your teaching, and what's next... and found your GuitArmy! I've gotta tell ya, something about your explanations, your method of teaching, and the detailed resources provided, you've connected so many dots for me -- it's appreciated beyond words! I'm mostly self-taught, regret that I started so late in life, and have tried other online resources, but yours has been the most comprehensive! As a corporate facilitator to adult learners myself, I just wanted to express my gratitude!
I've always wanted to learn the guitar but I couldn't commit to actually driving to and attending a class every week. Chris makes it so easy and convenient with the Skype lessons. He's a great instructor and I'm learning so quickly! My goal is to learn Hotel California in six months and with GuitArmy, I have no doubt that I will.
My name is Chris Rupp and I'm a guitar instructor and founder of GuitArmy. I am currently teaching live Zoom lessons to students all over the world and creating online guitar courses. I'm a Berklee College of Music graduate and have been teaching guitar full time for over 22 years. I have taught more than 35,000 individual guitar lessons and have more than 30,000 students that have taken my online courses.